- Tying of Insurance Agents’ Sales to Health Benefits Is Conflict That Flies Below Radar
Agents of several mutual life insurance companies must generate a minimum amount of sales to qualify for subsidized health insurance and other medical benefits.
- Small Tax Law Change May Have Big Impact on Life Insurance Sales and Values
A federal tax law change in the year-end omnibus spending and coronavirus relief bill has changed the interest rate rules on life insurance policies.
- How much life insurance do you need?
Learn how to calculate how much life insurance you need and how much it costs, and find out what a life insurance policy will cover if your family has to rely on it.
- How to Reinvent Your Permanent Life Insurance Strategy in Retirement
Understand what you have with your current life insurance policy in order to make the best use of it in your retirement strategy. Adviser Becca Craig outlines the steps to take.
- Do You Need Permanent Life Insurance? Probably Not—This Is Why
You might assume permanent life insurance is the better choice, but if you're young and healthy, there's probably a better option.
- How Life Insurance Payouts Work
Whether you are the owner of a life insurance policy yourself or are the beneficiary of someone else’s policy, it is a good idea to understand what happens at the end of the policy’s lifespan — when ...
- Top Consumer Confusions About Cash Value Life Insurance
The process of purchasing and maintaining a life insurance policy can be confusing. Agents and advisors often sell life insurance based on a policy’s features, such as cash value and ...
- Smoke Weed and Need Life Insurance? Some Companies Are Cool With Marijuana
Though it’s increasingly legal, marijuana can still raise red flags for life insurance companies. While some insurers don’t mind covering you if you use pot, others will charge you ...
- What to Expect From Life Insurance in 2021
As the coronavirus pandemic enters its second year, life insurers are lowering rates for some applicants and offering more no-exam policies.
- Term life insurance vs. whole life insurance: Which is best for you?
Learn the differences between term life and whole life insurance, including the length of each type of policy, how much each costs and which one might be the best choice for you and your family.